Pages

SUMMER VACATION IN SYKTYVKAR

Syktyvkar is a dear city to me, each summer I spend my school summer vacation in Syktyvkar and I have met loving and friendly people in Syktyvkar and I keep in touch with them. 





I usually live in Orbita region when I arrive to Syktyvkar near Petrozavaskaya bus station, sometimes in the morning I went to buy some food for my breakfast from the " Rinak " there. I have always felt at home when I have been in Syktyvkar, in the dacha in Syktyvkar, my heart would be full of love when I walk among the trees and the singing of the birds touches gently my heart and evokes beautifully my imagination. When I walk in the dacha there, sometimes I meet people working in their dachas and they invite me to eat and to drink with them. Though I don't know except a few words in Russian but the friendly situation with those loving syktyvkarians would give me and them the ability and the possibility to communicate with each other.



I belong to that innocent pure nature in Syktyvkar, sometimes it started to rain when I was walking among the trees in the dacha and I smiled more to nature as a happy reaction to the rain. A friend from Syktyvkar once has invited me to visit with him a nightclub called " October" we went there to be in the Karaoke Bar to sing. Just when I started to sing " How deep is your love" a song for the Bee Gees, there had been a nice reaction from everyone who was there, who came to give me hugs and kisses and the woman who was responsible about the Karaoke Bar told me " You never pay money here, it's enough if you only sing for us." At the same night after I was going back to sleep in the house in Arbita, I met some young men who were playing the guitar and singing in a basketball playground, I came to those young men and I spoke with them in English and have asked them to let me sing a song and to play on their guitar, they agreed and when I have sung for them " Yesterday" they have become crazy and they wanted me to sing more and each one wanted me to sleep at his home, I have told them, "don't worry, thank you, here is my house, it's very near." I can't but respect all the loving and friendly people, all those kind friends whom I have spent a really happy time with them and at the end of August 2009 when I had to move by train to Moscow to travel to Lebanon, my friend Andray has insisted to carry my big bag by himself to the train and he has stayed with me all the time until the train has moved.

I can't but respect a very loving family from the Baptist church in Syktyvkar, this family go to "ovir" each summer to make an invitation for me so that I can take a visa and move to Syktyvkar. I hope that soon my song " Back to Syktyvkar" will be heard in Syktyvkar in many places. I hope it will be a nice summer, summer 2010. In July I will be in Syktyvkar this summer and would stay there around two monthes.

In the last summer when I was in Syktyvkar, there was the day of Komi republic as I remember and I was playing the guitar and singing in the center of Syktyvkar, near the building of the head of Komi and that building where government ofKomi hold the meetings, near Lenin statue. There had been many friends and many people came to sing and to dance, it was the last night before I had to Leave Syktyvkar to Moscow and this was in August.

I will try to improve my Russian language so that I can communicate more easily with my friends and the people there, I have already bought some books and CD's to learn the Russian language.

I like when I am in Syktyvkar to move to different places in the city, each day I had a rest to drink coffee or beer and to eat in a restaurant in Yukhnina street near the " Rinak" near the bus station, there is a restaurant, its colour is red and they offer delicious foods " Pork" " Chicken" " Chachlik". I remember the owner of this restaurant is from Vorkuta.

Syktyvkar has always been on my mind, Last summer some young men invited me to go with them to swim in the river in Syktyvkar and directly I said yes and I went with them and it was a beautiful day at the river, I swam happily in the river and I enjoyed being in the cold water in in a hot summer. The river is called Sysola. Also once I went to that lovely park near the same river where most families usually go with the kids to spend a good time there.

I like Russian food in Syktyvkar, especially the "Pelmeni", I like "Selodka" so much. In that house in Arbita where I lived in the last summer, there was a woman living and with her three small daughters, the name of the woman is Angela and her three daughters' names are Alona, Melina and Victoria, the oldest daughter Alona who was 12 years old,used to wash my clothes and to iron them and to clean my room . I was renting a room in that big house in Arbita. If you ever ask me where is the land that you belong to, I can directly tell you " Syktyvkar". I wish one day I can own a house there or at least a house in a dacha, I wish I can stay as much time there as I can.


JackNe’

No comments:

Post a Comment